Employment Status: Full Time
We at Ennead create architecture that shapes the public realm; this has been central to our practice since 1963. Our 180-person firm, based in New York City, works primarily with educational, cultural and scientific clients, including some of the most venerable institutions in North America: from Stanford to Yale Universities, from the American Museum of Natural History to the Clinton Presidential Library, from Carnegie Hall to the Standard Hotel on the High Line. Our diverse portfolio—including new construction, renovation and expansion, historic preservation, interior design and master planning—ranges from museums and performing arts centers to complex laboratory, research and teaching facilities for higher education to a wastewater treatment plant. Through form, light and materiality, Ennead creates expressive architecture that embodies each client’s mission and engages the user while shaping our place and time.
About the Position
This is the first level of support for the employees at Ennead. Responsibilities include answering, commenting, and replying to open help desk incidents. Acts as first contact for IT Support, capable of intelligently and efficiently escalating technical issues to a higher level support and engineering team.
What You’ll Do in This Role
- Understand and prioritize incoming IT support tickets
- Diagnose and resolve issues
- Escalate issues to engineers when appropriate
- Troubleshoot, administer and manage Microsoft Windows' desktop OS.
- Troubleshoot end-user software (ex: MS Office, Adobe Product Suite etc.)
- Setup and configure computer and VoIP equipment
- Proactively troubleshoot and repair minor equipment malfunctions
- Participate in new employee onboarding by providing IT Support orientation
- Maintain detailed logs of work done to resolve issues
- Perform twice-monthly testing of server room backup AC system
- Support technical and A/V activities for meetings in conference rooms
- Support setup of web conferencing
- Run equipment loaner program (includes maintaining inventory of shared laptops, tablets, projectors, etc.)
- Maintain inventory of consumables and expendables including toner, PCs, screens keyboards, mice, cables, USB drives, hard drives, memory, etc.
- Perform commissioning, upgrades and decommissioning of workstations by following prescribed checklists
What You’ll Need for This Position
- At least two years of experience working as a help desk or service desk consultant.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting complex systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Associates degree or higher
- 2 or more years of experience with desktop systems up to Windows 10
- 2 or more years of experience in a Microsoft Exchange and/or Office 365 based e-mail environment
- Ability to understand and support a wide range software applications
- Willingness to follow standards, procedures and instructions to avoid technical debt
- Basic understanding of networking wired and wireless
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly, business-friendly manner
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Standard Ennead benefits package
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach the completed Applicant ID, Veteran Self-ID, and Disability Self-ID Forms which can be found under “downloads” on the Employment Page along with your materials.
In addition, please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you are legally authorized to work in the US, or if you will now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status).
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws.