Ennead is an international architectural firm specializing in cultural and institutional projects. We are seeking an experienced architect with ten or more years of experience (AIA Architect 3) who plans and develops medium-to-large-scope projects with many complexities, executes and coordinates projects, and may oversee large staff or architects and technicians. Licensure preferred, but not required.
This person will work directly with the firm’s Partners and Senior Staff on projects of all scales. Primary responsibilities will include supporting the design and planning process for multiple building types and the production and coordination of architectural construction documents under the direction of the project’s technical leadership.
Additional qualifications include: Bachelors in Architecture, proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and other 3D software. Fluency in English is required.
- Architect with major project responsibility
- Plans and develops projects of medium-to-large-scope
- Works under minimal supervision
- May oversee a large staff or architects and technicians
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments
- Plans and develops architectural projects concerning unique and/or controversial complexities that significantly impact major company programs
- Coordinate design issues with the in-house team and outside specialty consultants.
- Participate in company initiatives for quality control.
- Work with clients, contractors and local officials under the direction of the project architect to coordinate construction issues. Assist in the process of logging and reviewing shop drawings along with miscellaneous support.
- Assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Architecture degree with ten or more years of architectural experience required.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, and other 3-D software experience is a plus.
- Good report and technical writing skills desired with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, in addition to being attentive and approachable.
- Must be able to maintain a professional and productive relationship with clients and co-workers.
- Please let us know if you are legally authorized to work in the US, and/or will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status).
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Architect 3” in the subject line of your email, and attach the completed Applicant ID, Veteran Self-ID, and Disability Self-ID Forms which can be found under “downloads” on the Employment Page along with your materials.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The firm is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable local, state and federal fair employment practices laws. The firm gives equal opportunity and consideration to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, creed, age, disability which is unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws.