NYU Langone Health, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital
Vision statement will go here...
The Children’s Center, on the seventh floor of the tower, houses the family resource center and child-life activity areas, including an art room, a teen lounge, and an event space for holiday celebrations and performances. A broadcast room allows programming on the seventh floor to be recorded and broadcast to the inpatient rooms upstairs.
The children’s terrace allows patients to get outside and play, a precious resource for children with long hospital stays.
The children’s terrace allows patients to get outside and play, a precious resource for children and families with extended hospital stays.
The pediatric surgical center has a separate reception and family waiting area and dedicated rooms for prep and recovery.
On the inpatient units, a reception desk immediately off the elevators ensures that all patients and visitors are greeted when they arrive on the floor. Additional playrooms can be found within the units.
- New York, NY
- 86,000 GSF
- Lobby and public space, Child Life Center, Inpatient Nursing Units, Surgical Center, Administration, Terrace
- LEED Platinum
- Ennead Design Team
Thomas Wong, Duncan Hazard, David Tepper, James Sinks, Kevin Krudwig, Elizabeth Arnaiz, Matthew Dionne, Amy Cantwell, Dean Kim, Brian Masuda, Stephen P-D Chu, Todd Van Varick, Megan Miller, Hsin Yi Wu, Fernando Suarez, Rick Michod, Michael Mangiagli , Stefan Abel, Alfonso Gorini, Philip Holub, Christen Johansen, Peter Juang, Gregory Canaras
- Specialty Interior Design and Exhibits
Skolnick Architecture and Design Partnership
- Landscape Architect Consultant
- Structural Consultant
- MEP / IT Consultant
: Jaros, Baum & Bolles
Jeff Goldberg/Esto, Sean Airhart/NBBJ, Aislinn Weidele/Ennead Architects
- Healthcare Design Showcase, Honorable Mention
- Engineering Excellence Award (EEA), Structural Systems, ACEC New York Diamond Award
- Engineering News Record New York, Best Healthcare Project Award
- SEAoNY's Engineer's, People's Choice Award